Mining Engineering Career by BrainChecker Stay tuned for regular updates from BrainChecker Channel. We provide excellent education related tips and excellent career guidance.
Fill the form above and we would get in touch with you
Hey there and welcome to the Brainchecker's YouTube channel, India’s largest Career Counseling Company!!
Our entire video would be divided into 5 sections:
- Nature of work.
- Eligibility and Professional Courses available.
- Best Colleges
- Career prospects and Salary
Students are requested to perform their own due research before choosing a career.
You can check the description for additional details and assistance from Brain Checker.
Mining engineering is an engineering discipline that applies science and technology to the extraction of minerals from the earth. Mining engineering is associated with many other disciplines, such as geology, mineral processing and metallurgy, geotechnical engineering and surveying. A mining engineer may manage any phase of mining operations – from exploration and discovery of the mineral resource, through feasibility study, mine design, development of plans, production and operations to mine closure.
Nature of Work
Mining Engineers design mines and will use engineering principles, technology and scientific theory for the safe and effective extraction of natural resources from these mines. Mining Engineers plan, design and operate the mining processes, both underground and above ground. Mining Engineers will be responsible for the overseeing of both mining operations and miners, and are employed by many mining-related organizations
The duties of a mining engineer include:
• Involved in the design of both open-pit and underground mines
• Overseeing of the operations of the mine
• Training and supervision of personnel
• Looking into methods for transporting minerals to the various processing plants
• Oversee the design and construction of mine shafts and tunnels in underground mines
• To ensure that mines are operated safely and in the most environmentally effective ways possible
• Oversee the production rates to assess the effectiveness of the mine operation
• To be involved in finding solutions for problematic areas such as water and air pollution, land reclamation etc.
• Design and develop mines and determine the best way to extract metal or minerals to get the most out of deposits, and to extract as much out of the mine whilst maintaining strict safety and environmental issues at hand, for the least amount of money.
• Involved in trying to limit the amount of water used in the operation, and keep pollution to a bare minimum.
• Prepare technical reports for miners, engineers, and managers
Now let’s go to, Eligibility and Professional Courses
• 10+2 Science with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics is mandatory with at least 60% marks.
• Entrance examinations are conducted for admission to B.E./B.Tech programs in marine engineering. Some colleges could consider the marks obtained in 10+2 qualifying examination as well, for selection into these programs.
• M.E./M.Tech programs can be pursued if the individual has completed B.E./B.Tech in the same discipline. Moreover, they need to qualify for GATE as well.
We at Brain Checker help students in choosing their career. To know if this career suits your talents of skillsets, you can consult a Brain Checker Career Specialist. Check link in the description for more details.
Now we are going to look at few good colleges offering this qualification :
1 IIT Kharagpur, West Bengal
2 IIT - BHU, Uttar Pradesh
3 Indian School of Mines, Jharkhand
4 NIT Surathkal, Karnataka
5 Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology Nagpur, Maharashtra
Moving on to the next part of the video........
There are a lot of opportunities for Mining Engineering graduates in the following fields,. Arab countries like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar and UK provides profitable career opportunities to the eligible candidates.
Job Profiles include:
• Mining Engineer – Granite
• Mining Engineering Technicians
• Research Engineers- Data Mining
• Assistant Mining Engineer
• Mining Engineer
• Mine Planner
• Technical Consultant
An Mining Engineering graduate gets an average salary between Rs.40,000 and Rs 50,000 per month at the entry level. It also depends on the university you graduate from. Top universities will fetch their graduates higher salary packages.
After a couple of years of experience an individual can earn up to Rs 3,00,000 per month or more depending on the skill set, experience and performance.
Thank you for watching, if you loved this Brain Checker Video please like, share and subscribe to us. Bye!!