Let's Play Astroneer First Look at the BRAND NEW BaseBuilding Update: NEW Movable Base Platforms, Fabricators, New Power System, Power Extenders Crates, Landing Pad & MORE!! :-)
➤Please consider supporting my Channel through Patreon:
➤Where to FOLLOW Me:
- Indie Games: https://www.youtube.com/biffa2001
- Strategy Games: https://goo.gl/QhdvyX
- Minecraft: https://www.youtube.com/c/BiffaPlays
- Twitter: @biffa2001
- Livestream: http://www.twitch.tv/biffa2001
Be sure to follow me for more Astroneer gameplay! I am having great fun with my Let's Play of Astroneer and discovering all the new machines & game mechanis, exciting stuff! Subscribe for more Astroneer Gameplay and my Astroneer Let's Play on my channel so you don't miss out! :-)
➤Basebuilding Update info
➤Astroneer Experimental Branch Details:
➤Astroneer Lets Play: https://goo.gl/Jkm42M
➤PC Base Building Update - What's New
The Basebuilding update is Astroneer's biggest update to date. Whether underground, on a mountaintop, or on far away planets, the all new Basebuilding and Power systems will allow you to create efficient bases that are all your own. This update includes 20+ new art peices, which includes new platforms, modules, items to print, and much more. With that being said, this update is only the beginning for Basebuilding as a system. We have already begun development on more features and content to continue growing the already robust foundation.
UPDATES: You can find these updates in 0.6.0.0, the current build of the game.
- Introduction of the Basebuilding System
Creating bases has changed fundamentally at its core. Now Astroneers can create bases however they like with a variety of new movable platforms and new ways to connect those platforms together.
We have introduced free standing movable base platforms. Three all new Platforms have been added. Two versions of the Medium Platform, and a platform for base modules, the Large Platform. These objects can now be placed and rotated individually, allowing for greater flexibility in base configurations. Lock platforms into place by connecting them to power. If you want to move them again, just disconnect all power lines.
- Introducing: Fabricators. Fabricators are portable printers that allow you to make bases. Pop up the new control panel, pick what you want to fabricate, and in the end you will have a crate you can unpack immediately or bring with you anywhere you go. The Small Fabricator allows you to bootstrap an entire base from your Backpack and is used to print Medium Platforms and Medium Fabricators. The Medium Fabricator is for printing Large Platforms and Base Modules. Medium Printers and Vehicle Bays remain unchanged for now.
- The starting Habitat module has received a visual update. Complete with a built in Oxygenator, Power Generation System, nighttime running lights, and 4 power connectors, the new Habitat is top of the line Exo Dynamics technology.
All printed base Modules and Platforms now come in the form of packaged crates. This allows them them to be moved or stored before deploying.
- Added a new Landing Pad which automatically deploys next to a new Habitat. The Landing Pad is used to call in your first packaged items, and as zone for other players who join your session to land. Be aware that calling in new packages to the landing pad will destroy the extant ones.
- Implemented an all new Power System
Changed the Power System over to a system that uses streaming shared power pools.That means items that need power pull from available power generators on a connected network. All Modules, Rovers, and Crashes have been migrated to use this new power system.
- Added a new directional power tool, Extenders. Extenders are printable in bundles of six from your backpack. Extenders provide directed power flow, which redirects excess power from one pool to another. Drag a cable from the extender to indicate the direction of power and where you would like it to flow. Power flow is indicated by the large chevron on the cable.
- Added small standalone platforms for small power items. When placed on the ground, Small Solar Panels, Small Generators, Small Wind Vanes. and Worklights will now deploy standalone bases with two Power Connectors on them. Use these to add power to your network, power bespoke standalone platforms, or as extenders that also add power. Small worklight bases also contain spikes can now stick to any terrain surface regardless of orientation.
- Firework rocket has been added to the Catalog as an unlockable object.
- Made several changes to the gravity system to improve stability of Rovers.
- Space Aliens